verse of the day

Wednesday 3 August 2022

Balance ( Revelation 3 v 19 - 20)

 I was watering the plants,and I reached up to water a hanging basket,I suddenly felt myself falling , I had lost my balance but I managed  to get to garden seat , so saving me from being seriously injured.I have  seen my GP who diagnosed the problem,it was related to my ear. Balance is so important,not only as regards walking, but also in our walk with the Lord. Alas sometimes we get out of balance and we don't forgive,don't witness,so many things can affect  our relationship with the Lord., and so we suffer spiritually.There are 7 church'es mentioned in the book of Revelation,most of them were out of balance in their relation with the Lord Jesus.  Ephesus,had left its first love, Pergamum had fallen into wrong teaching, Thyatira tolerated immorality, Sardis were as good as dead spiritually, Philadelphia  had shut the Lord out in the cold. Plenty of serious imbalance there,the Lord spoke to these churches ,repent ,or there fall would become permanent. I have visited the ancient city of  Ephesus, all there is left is ruins,if we like those churches become imbalanced there will be severe consequences,beware heed the warnings.

No comments: