verse of the day

Monday 15 August 2022

Brokenness. ( Luke 9 v 46- 48)

 As I am retired, and my wife is not, I look after the home,and one of the things I do is the washing,I have a clothes line where I  hang the wet clothes out to dry.I use clothes pegs.I have one clothes peg and its partly broken,I have thought about throwing it away,but no I have decided to keep it ,it is still useful It reminds in a way of how God uses broken people,most of us are broken in some way. It could be when you consider your brokenness, you think that God could never use you,you are wrong,very wrong,does not God say he uses the weak and the foolish things.Take Jacob his name means supplanter, a schemer, and He made him an Israel,Peter  failed his Lord  miserably but he became an apostle Whatever your brokenness God can use you,lets consider those lovely words in 1 Corinthians 1 v 26ff ,'God chose things the things the world one would consider foolish,He chose those whom one would consider unsuitable' ,not just unsuitable but people of  brokenness,and raises them up to positions of distinction.

                                                  The Lord doesn't see things the way you see

                                                  them. People judge by outward appearance,

                                                  but the Lord looks at the heart,

                                                                 1 Samuel 16 v 7.

No comments: