verse of the day

Wednesday 31 August 2022

Free. ( Hebrews 10 v 5 - 10 )

 I was out walking and I saw wild blackberry bushes also called brambles,they had a profusion of fruit,I tasted some and they were very nice. So next day I took a little tub with me and filled it up with blackberries,and they never cost me one penny.As far as I am concerned they were a gift from my loving heavenly Father,and I am grateful.God is so generous and kind,and this especially applies to salvation ,which is a gift of God through our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 6 v23).Salvation is the most important thing in all the world which anyone can receive. religion makes so many demands on people, do this, do that,jump through one hoop  after another,and if you fulfill  all they want you to do, they still cannot assurance one of salvation. In the Jewish religion there are 613 commandment which  are meant to be kept.The problem is this, in James2 v 10 we read,' For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all'.That's were it breaks down,for you must keep all the law,that means also the  spirit of the law.Our Saviours death provided the only way for us to  be saved,His perfect life  and death ,was Gods perfect answer,for us imperfect beings.

                                                      'No more.my God, I boast no more

                                                       Of all the duties I have done;

                                                       I quit the hopes I held before.

                                                       To trust the merits of Thy Son'.

                                                                  Isaac Watts

No comments: