verse of the day

Monday 25 April 2022

Wait . ( Psalm 37 v 7 )

Most of us do  not like waiting,how often I have heard people complaining about waiting,I have just had a new system set up on my internet,that's really fast,doing away with waiting.I get impatient when I go to the bank ,it always appears that people in front of me are taken a long time,and longer than I take,impatience often blinds us to reason. When one thinks of it ,many accidents are caused by people being impatient ,no wonder the Bible tells us that we have need of patience. Hebrews 10 v36.I read this recently,'The only thing harder than waiting on God is wishing you had'.if only Saul had just waited,he may have continued to be king 1 Samuel 13 .if only Abraham and Sarah had waited Gods time, they would never have had Ishmael whose descendants  the Edomites, would give Israel a lot of bother. How often people say ,myself included,'if only I had waited'. So many people are so very busy,and they don't take time to pray, yet is so important,it is not being legalistic,that would do nobody any good, but it is very important in developing a relationship with your loving heavenly Father.We have these wise words, 'in all your ways acknowledge God,and He will direct your paths Proverbs 3 v 6.

                                                ' I waited patiently for the Lord;

                                                 he turned to me and heard my cry'

                                                           Psalm 40 v 1 

No comments: