verse of the day

Sunday 10 April 2022

God our teacher.( Hebrews 12 v 4 - 12 )

 We would all agree that education is a wonderful thing, I personally am grateful for what I learnt at school,I am also grateful for the Pastors and teachers who ministered to me and others. I am also grateful for the Christian books that I possess ,that have instructed me in the things of God written by godly people.I wonder do you realise that our God is also a teacher,  In Psalm 94 v 12 we read,'Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest ( disciplines),O Lord, and teaches him out of thy law'. Spurgeon comments ,'The afflicted believer is under tuition, he is training for something higher and better, and all that he meets with is working out for his highest good'.Herbert Lockyer comments,'It is by trials that God teaches.Trials, in themselves , can be severe schoolmasters,but the Divine Schoolmaster knows how to guide us into a deeper knowledge of all He is in himself through them. As seeds,  covered with snow in winter flourish mostly in Spring, so God knows that the sorrows of life can yield much fruit  in our witness for him'. Many of the Psalms were written by people who suffered,like many hymn writers, also consider Job and Saul,all these people were under the chastening hand of God. Consider what Paul wrote ,that out of suffering, blessings came , because of what it produces,Romans 5 v 3-4.

                                                I've had many tears and sorrows,  

                                                I've had questions for tomorrow,

                                                there's been times I didn't know right from wrong,

                                                But in every situation God gave blessed consolation,

                                                That my trials came to only make me strong.

                                                                  Andre Crouch.

No comments: