verse of the day

Thursday 28 April 2022

Are we growing? ( John 12 v 21)

 I see now that winter is ending, although to be truthful it has been a very mild winter, one of mildest I can remember.My Geraniums have come through practically unharmed, and I have just notice that the row of small bushes are beginning to grow,and of course the grass  has also needed cut, looks like summer is on its way,or so it appears,we will see. I wonder what season are you in,for I think our life span has it seasons, I suppose I am in the last season,winter.the signs are there ,my memory is not as good as it used be,but still reasonable,and of course I am on some medication,but thankfully nothing to serious. Of course getting old does not mean one should stop growing spiritually,I wonder how we judge that?, we cannot go to the doctors to find the answer ,so where do we go to assess our spiritual growth?.Suppose we could ask a friend, who has known us many years,or ones wife.But of course the word of God ,will tell us,the qualities of spiritual growth. There are many scriptures that help us,guide us, and challenge us in relation to spiritual growth ,here are a few, Matthew 5-7 / 2 Peter 1v 5-8 / Galatians 5 v 22-23.The aim of it is, that we should be more like Jesus .Romans 8 v 29.

                                                                ' Keep growing'

No comments: