verse of the day

Friday 22 April 2022

Small requests. ( Psalm 37 v 4 )

I am sure we all have a favourite food,which we really love,I have a favourite bread, Irish brown soda bread,also known as wheaten bread.Now only one store sells the particular brand that I really like,but alas they only  keep it occasionally.Well as they say absent makes the heart grow fonder,so I usually buy a couple of loves, when they are in stock ,and put one in the freezer.I don't have to share this bread, thank goodness,as I am the only one in my home who likes it. Well the store recently had not stocked it for a while,and would you believe it, I spoke to God about it ,asking him that the store would get some in,and low and behold,it did, to my delight. Oh some people say ,we shouldn't bother God  about such things,such trivia,they may even think that one is being disrespectful ,not so,He the God of the greater things,yes He is,but He is also the God of the small things Matthew 10 v 29.I once read when Spurgeon's wife was ill and confined to bed,she told her husband that she had asked God, for two little song birds,and God answered, Spurgeon  jokingly said that she was God's spoilt little child. Child of God ,he loves us so very much ,and delights to answer even ,our smallest request.

No comments: