verse of the day

Thursday 29 April 2021

Will I make it? . ( Jude v 24 -25 )

Although I have been following the Lord 57 years ,this thought  crossed my mind, 'will I make it '?,will  I be like Demas who was beguiled by the world and became a deserter, or a Judas who betrayed the Lord. There are so many things we have to face, the world with all its allurements, the flesh, that is our fallen human nature, and of course the evil one, known by various  names, the Devil . These are real aspects of what we have to face, everyday, it is ongoing, and will continue to end of our Christian life. While I don't live in fear of not making it, the thought crosses ones mind,  will I make it?. First let me say this. if we are truly saved ,we cannot loose our salvation ( John 10 v 28 - 29 ),that does not mean that we can live in sin, no the evidence that we are a Christian, is shown by the good we do, and by a holy life. Will I be like Paul who wrote,' I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith'.( 2  Timothy 4 v  7 ). That is  the challenge that faces every Christian, so how can it be done?, ( 1 ) Know thyself, recognise that we are weak, that does not gave an excuse when we sin, or that we should give into sin, no, it means we  need to rely upon our God ,everyday and every minute of the day, for with out Him we can do nothing. (2 ) , Pray without ceasing, 24/ 7, ( 3 ) Read Gods word. (4 ) Meet with other believers. ( 5 ) Witness to others. (6 ) Daily repentance.

                                               O rebuke me not in anger!

                                              Suffer not my faith to fail!

                                              Let not pain, temptation, languor,

                                              O'er my struggling heart prevail;

                                               Holding fast Thy word I stand,

                                              None can pluck me from Thy hand.

                                                     Words. C. Elliott.



























.








0

No comments: