verse of the day

Saturday 24 April 2021

Not me, Him. ( Ephesians 2 v 8 - 9 )

 Witnessing to a lady recently, when I asked her , was she a Christian, she spoke of the good things she did, I sincerely commended for that, and encouraged her to continue to doing that. I think it is right to acknowledge the good people do, there are Muslins who do good, also Hindus as well, likewise there are atheist who do good.  I have mentioned this at times, it is not the good things we do that are a problem, it is the sins we commit ,they are the problem. What  makes one a Christian is not the good we do ,but what  Christ has done on the cross ,He dealt with what no one else could do, sin, He was ,and is Gods answer, that would enable us to have our sins forgiven. No matter what good works we may do, all they are, commendable though they  be,  are simply good works. They are not our ticket to heaven, they will not gain us acceptance with a Holy God .If  we are hoping that they will stand us in good  stead with God ,you are very , very, mistaken. I have assurance of eternal life, because of Jesus, a  man called Horatius Bonar wrote the following.

                                                  Upon a life I did not live,

                                                  Upon  a death I did not die;

                                                  Another's life, another's death,

                                                  I stake my whole eternity.


No comments: