verse of the day

Thursday 22 April 2021

Bottle of tears. ( Exodus 2 v 23 - 25 )

 In Psalm 56  and  v 8 ,we read of  David in his destress crying unto God, 'You keep track of all my sorrows, You  have collected all my tears in your bottle, You have recorded each one in your book'. Tear bottles have been found in Egypt and in Rome , tears would be collected by a friend at times of sorrow. Barnes writing about this says,' All the tears that we shed  are remembered by God, the genuine tears shed, God will not forget, God will not forget the suffering of his people. David was suffering and in great distress, it  is not wrong to weep ,David wept, our Saviour wept, David desired that God would respond to his tears of supplication.  Consider how an earthly parent responds to the tears being shed by their child, how much more will our loving heavenly respond to our tears. So it was ,that David had confidence that God would deliver him, 'When I cry unto thee, then shall my enemies turn back; this I know; for God is for me'.

                                               I waited patiently  for the Lord;

                                               he inclined to me and heard my cry.

                                                             Psalm 40 v1 .



No comments: