verse of the day

Tuesday 9 June 2020

Yesterday ( Psalm 147 v 3 )

I  wrote this little poem,don't be to hard on me,or to critical ,so hear goes, ' I love you less today,Than the love of yesterday,I love you less today,For love has ebbed away. I loved you more yesterday,Now I'm poorer than yesterday,So sad to loose the love of yesterday,And all because I love you less, than the love of yesterday'.There was a time when divorce was rare,but not now it appears that people are falling out of love more often.Nat King Cole sung a lovely song,the first verse goes,'When I fall in love,it will be forever. In a restless world like this is.Love is ended before it's begun.And to many moonlight kisses. Seem to cool in the warmth of the sun'. I  suppose those two things I have written, sum up life for many,why?,it is the human situation,we live in a broken world,people are crying out for love, and to be loved. Is there an answer ?,yes ,so were do we start?,we can start with one who knows us, God.  Consider when I speak of God, I am talking about the God of love. He knows that we are broken,He knows everything,and through Christ He offers us love,yes we can stay the way we are,it is our choice. Why not ask Him into your life and accept Christ as your Saviour. Then God becomes your loving heavenly Father, He will love you,that does not mean that He will accept everything you do,He will, as all loving Fathers do ,chastise you,He will be with you in every trial ,He will be near you at all times,when you pray He will listen,and answer,in a way that is best.You will always be loved even in your failures,and your successes .Look at the cross, see Jesus dying for sinners,that's means you and me,that is the extent of Gods love, for us all ,we broken things.

No comments: