verse of the day

Saturday 6 June 2020

Rubbish ( 1 John 1 v 9 )

I love my little garden, it is just the right size for me,here in the UK we have had about two months of sunny weather, which means I have had the pleasure of working in my garden. I water and cut my lawn regularly ,but one thing I have not done for many years,is get rid of the dead grass and rubbish that hinders the grass growing..There is a garden tool, I think it is called a comb,and you pull it over the lawn and rake up the rubbish, but it is hard work. I have a friend called Richard and he has a garden tool called a Scarifier ,and it works by electric,and it its very effective ,in raking the lawn. So like  a good friend he loaned me it,and I used it,and it was amazing the rubbish it racked up.The thought struck me, that often our lives are like my lawn,they need a good raking to get rid of the rubbish that we let accumulate in our lives over the years,.One has said that the Christian life is one of daily repentance ,attitudes of bitterness, a spirit of unforgiveness ,covetousness,which means an inordinate desire for wealth and possessions,the word of God links it with wanting what another has. It is so easy to accumulate so much rubbish ,we are all the same,lets get rid of the rubbish.Here is a prayer we can all pray, 'Dear Holy Spirit search me,reveal to me the rubbish in my life,and enable me by your grace, to repent ,and in Thy mercy forgive me in Jesus name Amen.'

No comments: