verse of the day

Wednesday 10 June 2020

Now it is permanent. ( Matthew 18 v 3 )

I read of a boy who acquired a Bible ,he read it mostly in secret,he kept it hidden in a brown paper  cover so no one would know what he was reading.But he read it a lot and would  mark some passages that impressed him,and moved him.Years later as a man he comes across this Bible among his books and notes how crumbled and torn it was,and how the worst ravages are in the passages relating to the Passion- there,stains that might be from tears. I often think we underestimate young peoples desire for God,after all does not our blessed Saviour tell us that we need to become as little children. Looking back in my life as very young  boy, I had a spiritual experience when  I realised that God was my Father,then at a children's meeting staying behind  and asking Christ as my Saviour. Looking back ,I at times connected with God although not on a permanent bases,one wishes that it had been more permanent. If only, but one cannot change the past,with all it flaws and so many things that make me  ashamed,but I believe that something of those spiritual encounters remained with me,until one Sunday evening 56 years ago I came into ongoing permanent relationship with my heavenly Father through Christ my lovely Saviour.

No comments: