verse of the day

Monday 16 March 2020

Trust ( Proverbs 3 v 5 )

I once said to the congregation of the church I attend ,that one of the most important verses in the Bible for me is Proverbs 3 v 5 , which reads,'Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding'.It means in times of trial, times when you don't understand ,why certain things have happened,the why looms large,when your young wife dies and you are left with 4 children,and your life verse Romans 8 v 28,  reads,'And we know that all things work together for good to them who love God'. And it didn't stop there,what do you do,?,well there are ways we can react,you can lean upon your own understand,or you can trust in the Lord.Leaning upon your own understanding will not help,it can only lead you away from God,which will not do you any good,or you can trust in Him, and that will do you a lot of good,believe me  I speak from experience.

No comments: