verse of the day

Friday 13 March 2020

Indispensable ( 2 Timothy 4 v 16 - 18 )

R. C. Sproul said that cemeteries are full of indispensable people,it is an important lesson to learn, that we can all be replaced. It is the nature of life,no matter how gifted we are, we can be replaced,and will be replaced. That does not mean that we are of no value ,no ,of course,we are of value,and that goes for the good we do,the gifts we have. The challenge that God would bring to us is this, don't put those so called indispensable people,in place of Me. I have had friends and I relied on them  so much , but God took them out of my life,why?,could it be that I was relying on them to much.The word of God exhorts us to , 'Fix our eyes on Jesus'. ( Hebrews 12 v 2 )The meaning of the word indispensable means something or someone you cannot do without, the only person you and I cannot do without is Jesus.

No comments: