verse of the day

Thursday 19 March 2020

I come. ( Matthew 11 v 28 )

'Jesus its me again,on my knees again,asking you please again,reach out your hand again'.these are the words of a modern Christian song.It expresses a continual coming to Jesus,a continual need for His blessing,a continual weakness.Many old hymns express these feelings ,like that  wonderful hymn,'Just  as I 'was written by Charlotte Elliott, a lady, who suffered from ill health,and despaired of what she felt, her uselessness.It was often played at Billy Graham evangelistic campaigns,and in many ways it was an appropriate song,suited to the seeking sinner.But it also is appropriate for the child of God,here are some of the words,one can use them as a prayer, like the psalms.'Just as I am , without one plea, But that Thou blood was shed for me,And that Thou bidd'st me come to Thee ,O Lamb of God I come,Just as I am ,though tossed about, with many a conflict , many a doubt, Fightings and fears within ,without,O lamb of God I come.Just as I am,Thou wilt receive. Wilt welcome,pardon, cleanse, relieve. O lamb of God I come. Just as I am ,Thy love unknown , has broken every barrier down; Now to be Thine, yea ,Thine alone, O Lamb of God ,I come.

No comments: