verse of the day

Sunday 7 April 2019

Power ( Isaiah 61 v 1 )

As I was walking I saw a lady smoking, and I said in a friendly way ,you know smoking is bad for you,of course I was not condemning her,as an ex-smoker I realise that it is hard to give up smoking.Then I mentioned it was my 75th birthday..I told her that I had started smoking when I was very young.I mentioned to her that the Principal of my school caught my friend and I smoking ,when we were walking to school.So when we arrived in school we were summonsed to his office and were caned,after he had given us a lecture Then I told her something else ,that 55 years ago, I came to the Lord Jesus, and from then on I quit smoking and drinking for good. The wonder of coming to the Lord Jesus, is not only do we receive forgiveness of all our sins,we also receive power to overcome our sins.                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Jesus .                                                                                                                                         He sets the prisoner free                                 

No comments: