verse of the day

Wednesday 3 April 2019

Happy birthday. ( Psalm 90 v 10 )

I am 75 today imagine I am  three quarters of a century old,I remember an neighbour saying that when she saw me shortly after I was born , she cried,I must have been very small possible premature. A lot has happened in my life ,educationally I didn't do well,I learned the 3 R's,and that was about it. The old song goes,,regrets, well I suppose we all have regrets,one thing we can't do is change the past. But what we all can do is keep following the Lord,after all you can do no better thing than that.I  am thankful for the friends I have had. Their friendships were never permanent ,but one friendship that has been permanent is my Saviour's,when He said He would never leave me, nor  forsake me He really meant it. He has always kept His word,never broken it,never. Well what about the future? a good question,He will still be with me,of that I am sure,He will still love and care for me, this friend called Jesus.                                                                                                                                                                                             I've found a friend, oh such a friend,                                                                                                          He loved me ere I knew Him;                                                                                                                    He drew me with the cords of love  ,                                                                                                        And thus He bound me to Him;                                                                                                                And round my heart still closely twine,                                                                                                    Those ties which naught can sever,                                                                                                             For I am His, and He is mine,                                                                                                                   For  ever and for ever.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   I've found a friend, oh, such a friend,                                                                                                         So kind, and true and tender,                                                                                                                     So wise a Counsellor, and guide,                                                                                                                So mighty a defender  ,                                                                                                                             From Him who loves me now so well                                                                                                       What power my soul, shall sever?                                                                                                             Shall life, or death, or earth,or hell?                                                                                                           No, I am His for ever.                                                                                                                                     ( WORDS> J.G. Small )                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

No comments: