verse of the day

Sunday 28 April 2019

God is faithful . ( Matthew 28 v 16 - 20 )

When one reaches my age, one looks back,and  give thanks for the faithfulness of God,I consider my early spiritual experiences,my going away and my coming from walking with God. None of this pleased God ,then 55 years ago, on Easter Sunday a week before my 20th birthday God in His mercy  restored me.Since then I have by Gods grace followed Him imperfectly,my deeds, my words failed to be consistent with being a Christian,as I often say ,I am a work in progress,and that goes for all God's children. But my loving heavenly Father is faithful,never give up on me,not leaving in my night time experiences,as the hymn puts ,'He is a God of the day, and a God of the night,and a God of the mountains, and a God of the valleys, and He is faithful.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Lamentations 3 v 22 - 23 .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed,                                                                           for His compassion's never fail. They are new every                                                                                 morning; great is your faithfulness.

No comments: