verse of the day

Tuesday 9 April 2019

Pay twice ( Galatians 6 v 14 )

I received a gift token that entitled me to go to the cinema,so I took advantage and  went to see Dumbo the elephant with the big ears that enabled it to fly. When I ordered my ticket, there was a problem taking the sum required of the gift card,and was asked had I any money to pay for my  ticket.I challenged what I was asked to do, no I'm not paying twice,I stood my ground, so he tried the gift  card again and it worked.It reminded me of  the words in Romans 6 v 23, ''the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.'' Salvation is a gift, it is very simple,but for some, they insist that we must do something to be saved,good works,religious rules,etc.Like the young at the cinema who asked for me to pay when all the time I had a gift token ,that entitled me to see that movie. They think God is like that ,that He is demanding from  us an extra something,but this is not so. When Christ died on the cross He paid the necessary price for our salvation.and all we have to do is trust Jesus as our Saviour, nothing else,having  done that by His grace, we receive eternal life.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Ephesians  2 v 8 - 9.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 For it is by grace you have been saved, through                                                                                       faith, and this not from yourselves, it is the gift                                                                                         of  God, not of works, so that no one can boast.

No comments: