verse of the day

Friday 9 November 2018

Prayers are deathless. ( Luke 18 v 1 )

The thought has crossed my mind as regards my family, when I die who will pray for them ?, it  may seem a morbid question, but I love my family,and each day I pray for them. George Muller was a man of prayer and faith, I once read that he prayed for certain  people to be saved, most of them did get saved before he died,but not all, but after his death they did.   E M Bounds wrote the following,         ''Prayer is deathless,the lips that uttered them may be closed in death,the heart that felt them may have ceased to beat, but the prayers live before God, and God's heart is set on them and they outlive the lives of those who uttered them,they outlive a generation,outlive an age, outlive a world.''So let us all keep praying on in faith that God will answer our prayers after we have gone to heaven,for as the writer said ,'prayers are deathless.'


































I pray for many people everyday,among them are my grandchildren, and my children,I pray for there spiritual well being, and for many things concerning them,but what about when I go to home to heaven,who will pray for them then?.So I was encourage to read the following,by EM. Bounds,  ''Prayers are deathless.The lips that uttered them may be closed in death, the heart that felt them may have ceased to beat, but the prayers live before God, and God's heart is set on them , and they outlive a generation, outlive an age,outlive a world''.The other day I thought on my dear first  wife,she was a godly lady and knew the importance of prayer, she is now in glory.Recently as I prayed for one of my sons , I said to God that He may honour the prayers offered to Him for our son when she prayed when she lived .lived, for as the writer said ,''Prayers are deathless.''






















/

No comments: