verse of the day

Saturday 10 November 2018

His eye is upon you. ( Matthew 6 v 25 - 34 )

Many years ago a lady used to visit parents  home, she liked to drink,her name was Porter, and eventually she would sing a song,she would not have won the X factor ,but I do remember some words from that song,they went,'Why worry,why worry,worry gets you nowhere at all'. So true our Saviour said as much in Matthew 6 v 34, 'Therefore do not worry about tomorrow ,for tomorrow will bring worries of its own.Today's trouble is enough for today'.Is it possible? well it is, if we keep our eyes on our loving heavenly Father.We are told that He cares for the birds of the air, and  to Him we are more valuable than them.Charles .H.Gabriel wrote a lovely song about Gods care for His children.                Why should I feel discouraged, Why should the shadows come,                                                               Why should my heart be lonely, And long for heaven and home,                                                             When Jesus is my portion? My constant friend is He;                                                                               His eye is on the sparrow, And I know He watches me.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Let not your heart be troubled, His tender words I hear,                                                                           And resting on His goodness ,I lose my doubts and fears;                                                                         Tho' by the path He leadeth, But one step I may see;                                                                               His eye is on the sparrow, And I know He watches me.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Whenever I am tempted, When ever clouds arise,                                                                                     When songs give way to sighing, When hope within me dies,                                                                 I draw the closer to Him, From care He sets me free;                                                                               His eye is on the sparrow, And I know He cares for me.                                                                             

No comments: