verse of the day

Friday 10 June 2011

Someone stole my umbrella. [ John 16 v 33 ]

A quotation by a Lord Bowie, reads,/ The rain it raineth on the just,and also on the unjust fellow. But chiefly on the just, because,the unjust steals the just,s umbrella./ I found this amusing, but on reflection , I see a more serious side to it, as I read of many dear Christians, who loose not only their umbrellas, but their homes, their liberty, and their very lives. All through my Christian life I have heard of Christians suffering ,under communisim, to some extent it is still going on,but now it appears under Islam, and under religious groups. I do not believe it will ever change, and we should not be surprised at this, it is Peter who wrote,/ don,t be surprised at the firey trials/[1 Peter 4 v12]. Our Saviour told us to take up our cross, I wear a cross, but am I willing to take up my cross?, Consider the words of our dear Saviour in John 16 v 33,/ These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world/. We may loose our umbrellas but we can have peace, and can by Gods grace be overcomers, in Jesus. [ Dear Father help us be overcomers, as we seek to live for our Saviour, grant us the gift of Thy peace, in Jesus name. Amen]

No comments: