verse of the day

Monday 6 June 2011

Ulster the land of my birth. [Romans 11v33 ]

I was watching a TV program called ,Songs of praise, which is recorded in various areas ,this one ,was from Ulster, the land of my birth.When people think of Ulster they think of the troubles, but of course there is much more to Ulster than the troubles. It is a land of beauty,the Antrim coast ,the Giants Cauesway, the beautiful Mourne Mts that sweep down to the sea. It is a country where many still attend church, although many dont,the church in Ulster, usually gives a more clear gospel message. This is one of the reasons ,I thank God , that I was born in Ulster, from an early age I heard the Gospel, in Sunday school, at childrens meetings,and at the Sunday services. I am not blind to the situation in Ulster, its sectarian and political divide , but for all that I give thanks, that in that little place called Ulster, I came to know Christ as my Saviour. You may not have been born in Ulster, but if you know Christ, stop and give thanks, to God, for those influences that where used by a sovereign God To bring you to Jesus.[ Dear God thanks for those influences, people, places,circumstances that You used ,to bring us to know Jesus as our Saviour. Amen ]

No comments: