verse of the day

Saturday 11 June 2011

Everlasting love. [ Jeremiah 31 v3 ]

I found myself trying to sing an old song,/ Thirty pieces of silver, was the price they paid. Thirty pieces of silver, just the price of a slave. So my heart I have given ,to this Christ betrayed ,for I know just how much I love Him, by the price He paid/. Why am I a Christian ?and why do I continue to be a Christian after all these years?, because as John wrote, we love Him, because He first loved us [1 John 4 v19 ].The Christian relationship is a love one,it commences with love, is sustained by love, controlled by love, motivated by love. When love dies the relationship dies, we then just go through the motions,we are no longer in touch with our Saviour, and yet He still loves us,would seek to woo us back to Himself. The greatest example of this is in that meeting with Peter, the one who had denied His Lord in John 21. Mybe Peter felt His Lord did not love him anymore, but He did,mybe today you have failed your Lord like Peter,well the good news is He still loves you,repent and return to Him, and He will welcome you with open arms, and you will hear His words of love , I have loved you with an everlasting love. I finish with the words of a song by Keith Green, let them be our prayer. [ O Lord please light the fire that once burned bright and clear, replace the lamp of my first love ,that burns with holy fear . Amen ]

No comments: