verse of the day

Sunday 5 June 2011

Holy harmony. [ Psalm 19 v14 ]

The last verse of Psalm 19 reads, /Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord my strength ,and my / It is C.H. Spurgeon, who writes of the ,/ Harmony of heart and lips, needed for acceptance/. If we are honest so often our words are not in harmony with our thoughts, we say one thing with our lips, but in our hearts we think another.David wants his words and his thought life to be acceptable in Gods sight,we listen to many entertainers , who want their words to be acceptable with man , but often what they say is not acceptable in Gods sight. David writes about his thought life, what does our minds dwell on?, lust/purity/hate/anger/self/or ,love/purity/pleasing God,Gods word. How is it possible to speak aright , and think aright?the answer only with Gods help. [ Dear God help me to speak , and think in ways that glorify You, may my words and my thought life be acceptable in Thy sight, in Jesus name we ask this. Amen. ]

No comments: