verse of the day

Sunday 26 June 2011

God does say yes, but.[ 1 Kings 22 v 1-40 ]

We have been thinking on God saying no, on holiday I mentioned this to a dear brother, and immediiately I found myself being drawn into a conflict, he felt I was undermining faith, and what God would do in response to faith. Nothing could be further from the truth, I know ,and am continually proving God, in response to my prayers, I know, God says yes , and grants my requests , but I know from long experience, and from my study from Gods word, God at times says no. I can think of so many times God has said no, in my life, if you believe God never says no to you ,then think again, I have pointed out scriptures that clearly show God saying no. Let me say this I am glad God does not always say yes,I am sure we are all glad ,that we had parents that said no to us, in order to protect us, to guide us aright. Let us get balance into our Christian life,in life there are what we call yes men, but the fact of the matter is God is not like that ,He will thankfully say no. [ Dear God thank You for those times You did say no to us,in order to protect and guide us aright, we thank You ,that in all things You have at heart whats best for us, in Jesus name Amen ]

No comments: