verse of the day

Friday 9 April 2010

Time to start gardening.[ Psalm 90 v17 av ]

It is that time of the year when we start working in the garden, putting new plants in, weeding. Nice gardens dont just happen, it takes a bit of thought, a bit of expense, and a bit of effort, in other words if you want a nice garden , there is a cost. This is not unlike the Christian life, lf we want to be more like Jesus there is a cost, we need to root out the weeds, roots of bitterness ,that can mar our lives, get rid of the rubbish,that we have allowed to accumulate. The words of Psalm 139 v23-24 ,comes to mind,/Search me , O God, and know my heart,test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything that offends You, and lead me along the path of everlasting life./ As God answers this prayer, let us then start gardening. [ Dear God grant that these lives of ours may be objects of Christlike beauty in Jesus name Amen ]

No comments: