verse of the day

Thursday 29 April 2010

Be careful [ Galations 5 v1 ]

I wonder how sensitive we are to the Holy Spirit?, to His prompting,to the fact that we can grieve Him and even quench Him. As Christian we resent rules , after all whom the Son sets free is free indeed, yet that freedom is a freedom to resist and over come evil, and reject those things that could cause us harm. In 1 Corinthians 6v12, the apostle Paul is writing on freedom, he writes,/You say, I am allowed to do anything- but not everything is good for you. And even though , I am allowed to do anything, I must not become a slave to anything./ My study Bible comments,/Be careful that what God has allowed you to enjoy doesnt grow into a bad habit that controls you./ Let us be sensitive to what God is saying, even about the legitimate things, that we do not become slaves to them. [ Dear God we thank You for setting us free , help us to remain free, in Jesus name Amen ]

No comments: