verse of the day

Monday 12 April 2010

Hardened hearts. [ Hebrews 4 v 7 ]

We have put some new plants in the garden, I mentioned this to a friend, he reminded me of the problem with slugs, those little creatures who eat our plants. He mentioned that they only will eat the young tender plants, once the plants become harder to chew on, they dont want them. Lets consider that aspect of things becoming hardened ,like the bit of concrete I put in, at first it is soft ,but today it is hard,when a thing becomes hard, it is difficult to penetrate.So it is with people and the Gospel, they can so easy become Gospel hardened, many people come to Jesus when they are young,when their hearts are not so hardened. The Bible exhorts us not to harden our hearts[Hebrews 3v8 ], I wonder have we hardened our hearts to Gods truth,to the Gospel,or as a Christian, we refuse, by our stubbornness to respond to what God is saying?. Only you can answer that question, if today you hear the voice of God ,harden not your heart,remember their are serious consequences ,when we harden our heart. [Soften my heart Lord, soften my heart,from all indifference set me apart, to feel your compassion, to weep with your tears, come soften my heart, O Lord soften my heart , Amen] [Words by Graham Kendrick]

No comments: