verse of the day

Sunday 6 November 2022

What's the answer?. 2 (Psalm 119 v 98 )

 Last time we considered the importance of prayer ,as we are faced with so many challenges in this troubled world,the next thing we need to stress is the importance of God's word.It might surprise us to know that many Christians fail to read God's word, there are a number reasons for that,but whatever the reasons are,it's vital that we begin to read God's word. The word can help us in relation to sin,Psalm 119 v 11, reads,' I have hidden your word in my heart that I  might not sin against you'.How do we hide God's word in our hearts? by reading it,studying it,memorizing it, Spurgeon writes,'If we keep God's word in our hearts ,it will keep us from sin'.When Eve doubted God's word she fell into sin, every time Satan tempted our Lord ,He answered him ,by the word of God,so the devil never got a foothold.It is in v10 we have the following words, 'do not let me stray from your commands',when you stray from God's word you stray from God, I have seen it happen in so many lives. For the Christian the word of God gives comfort ,faith,a reason to live,an assurance that God is with them,In Psalm 119 v 105 we read that the word of God is a lamp unto our feet,and a light to our path. When we walk in the darkness there is always danger that we will stumble. While driving recently at night,I was struggling to find my way home,but I have a satnav ,and it was such help,the word of God is our perfect satnav, it will guide us through this dark world,safely home.

No comments: