verse of the day

Wednesday 9 November 2022

Fear not. ( Hebrews 13 v 5 - 6)

I was looking at what some people are saying as regards  the elections in the land of the free,USA, some were expressing fear,indeed  one can understand that,not just for that great country,but for the world. The war in Ukraine, climate change,and so the list goes,in the UK the government are doing their best to help people,but they cant help everybody financially.There are so many things that cause us to be afraid and we can't make light of them.As a Christian I at times have felt fear different ,I am 78 I have had my moments when I have been afraid, I have not always smiled in the storm. Looking back at my life I have taken risks,some would have said foolhardy, stepping out to go to bible college  for 4 yrs with no money, it proved to be difficult and testing, we had a young family to care for,but God brought us through. I come from a troubled land,we lived through the troubles,God looked after us. I will always remember coming to England to be a minister,we had a little car,and we drove down from the ferry in  Scotland, that morning I read these words,in my daily reading, 'He laid them on safely' (Psalm 78 v53) 'Behold ,I send an Angel before you to keep you in the way and to bring you into the place which I have prepared.  (Exodus 23 v 20). In spite of not having a satnav, of getting a puncture,and the fan belt getting loose,we reached our destination.

No comments: