verse of the day

Tuesday 1 November 2022

We are all His favourites. ( Acts 10 v 34-35)

There is a modern song with these words in it,'You raise me up to more than I can be',those words struck a cord in me.It reminds me what God do for us ,that is lift us up. In Psalm 40 , we read some wonderful words,

                                          'I waited patiently for the Lord;

                                          And He inclined unto me,

                                          And He heard my cry.

Note those words I waited patiently,we are all in a hurry,except God, are you in difficulties,and your saying, why is  God not answering my prayers?, because we have need of patience,learn that the lesson.Then we read  that God  heard his cry,dear child of God,it is not a vain thing to wait upon the Lord in prayer.Next we read,

                                           'He also brought me up out of a horrible pit,

                                            out of the miry clay,

                                            And set my feet upon a rock,

                                            And established my steps.'

David was in dire straits ,he describes it as being like being in horrible pit,stuck in miry clay, it seems that there was no escape,that his number was up, unless the Lord would answer his prayer,and the wonderful thing is ,He did..What He did for David He can do for you,but you may say He did that for David, he was a special person,but God has no favourites, all God's children are precious in His sight, we are all His favourites.

                                            'It is no secret what God do,

                                            What He's done for others,he

                                            can do for you.'

                                            

No comments: