verse of the day

Tuesday 8 November 2022

Sam Ryder ( Luke 15 v 11- 32 )

 Sam Ryder  a popular singer said,'I'm still an idiot, but  I'm nowhere near as much of an idiot as I once was',I can identify with that, I suppose we can all identify with these words, well I hope we can. Buying a car brings its pitfall,I have never bought a new car, so a number of years ago we bought a particular car,it was a small inexpensive car,and was semi-automatic,we went and looked at it, it appeared a nice little car,so we bought it,but as we were driving away,it didn't appear right.the seller assured  us it was alright.Well we had it for a while,not very satisfied with it.So I enquired as regards this car from a local dealer,I was not  not happy with what he told me,so we traded it in for an other car.Well recently I asked myself the question, what did I do wrong when I bought that car ?,the answer was very simple ,I hadn't asked for a test drive,That should be priority when you buy a car,what an idiot I was,hopefully I won't make that mistake again. When I was a lad I was following the Lord, but I remember the moment I walked away from Him, what an idiot I was, If only I had not done that,if only,but I did,yet God is the God of the prodigal.and in mercy He brought me back to Himself,could be you once walked away from Christ,or your struggling spiritually and thinking about walking away,don't be an idiot like I was, its not worth it.

                                                     'There are no advantages in walking 

                                                       away from Christ'

No comments: