verse of the day

Wednesday 23 November 2022

Rituals { Galatians 5 v 1 - 6 )

 Bruce Milne writes the following as regards the rituals of non- Christian religions,here is what he writes ,' Whenever people depend upon fulfilment of ritual observances to alleviate their consciences before God. These  rituals of the non- Christian  religions cannot cleanse the heart. Jesus alone is the way to God, empty ritual, however, can arise also in the context of the Christian faith. Receiving baptism( by whatever mode), taking communion( in whatever church) attending worship (with whatever regularity), offering prayers (of whatever length ), giving money(  of whatever amount), in themselves, do not, have not,will not, and cannot save us from our sins and their inevitable judgement.' None of these things can save us,only Christ can do that.

                             ' Not what my hands have done, can save my guilty soul,

                               Not what my toiling flesh hath borne, can make my spirit whole.

                               Not what I feel or do,can give me peace with God,

                               Not all my prayers and sighs and tears, can bear my awful load.

                               Thy work alone O Christ, can ease the weight of sin,

                              Thy blood alone,O lamb of God,can give me peace within.'

                                                          Horatius Bonar.








































9(

No comments: