verse of the day

Sunday 3 July 2022

Stubborn. ( Luke 23 v 27 - 31 )

 I wonder if you ever think ,'what if'', as I look back on my life,there are so many things ,I could ask that  question. Would things have turned out any better?, in some way it seems a pointless exercise,what is done is done, none of it can be changed, so whats the point?.  Yet we can learn from our past, now I am not ant Semitic,like Paul of old I would love for those sinners Israel ,to come come to Christ. But the sad thing is they have a terrible history,and they never once learned from  the past. From the time they left Egypt  till their awful rejection of their Messiah,they continually forsook God,they never changed, I repeat never,we have in the book of Jeremiah, God crying out ,'For my people have done two evil things. They have abandoned me the fountain of living water. And they have dug for themselves  cracked cisterns, that can hold no water'. Jer 2 v 12, and so it continued time after time with no let up,but then Messiah came that long awaited person ,who would bless them,but all to no avail, In  Proverbs 29 v1 we read,' He that being often reproved hardeneth his neck , shall suddenly  be destroyed ,and that without remedy'.There are many examples of this in the Bible, Pharaoh,Eli's sons,Ahab,and even Judas,they paid for their stubbornness, likewise Israel,likewise all who resist God's pleadings and warnings.

                                                      When mercy is rejected

                                                       Judgement will follow.

No comments: