verse of the day

Saturday 9 July 2022

Change ( Romans 12 v2 - 3 )

 Recently I saw family members ,and others and they had changed, as indeed I have, change is inevitable, and that applies to us Christians. I read this recently about C.H. Spurgeon ,''he once asked  a young girl who served  as a domestic in one of his families homes what evidence she could give of becoming a Christian? She meekly answered, '' I now sweep under the mats''. None of us our perfect, but I believe  that there should be evidence of some change when we become Christians.I wonder what your reply would be  if you were asked that question?,as to myself,I could say that when I came back to the Lord ,I stopped going about with the wrong crowd, in Romans 12 v2  we read, 'of being transformed by the renewal of our minds'.Our  minds,that is were change often has to come,and it is on going. Were once we cherished our evil thoughts now we should resist them,we avoid those things that could take hold of us and destroy us,control us, enslave us.It is Paul who writes ,'Whatever is true, whatever is noble,whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things'. Phil 2 v 8. I'm sure if we do that, there will be a change in our lives. People may not see the change,but our Saviour will.

No comments: