verse of the day

Tuesday 5 July 2022

Now. (Isaiah 1 v 18 )

 In Lewis Carroll's Alice in wonderland the white rabbit is in a hurry to get to the tea party,and he keeps saying, ''Oh dear! Oh dear! I shall be too late''. In the animated  Walt Disney's movie he says why he was  late. ,''I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date.No time to say hello ,goodbye, ''I'm late, I'm late,I'm late''. I suppose we have all been late at one time or another, there are a number of reasons. There was a time in Belfast,when the shipyard employed thousands of people,in those days companies did not tolerate lateness.So it was if one arrived at the shipyard late,you would be shut out,that means you would loose a days pay. Our Savour told a story of 5 foolish virgins who missed a wedding feast , because they were not ready,they  called for the door to be opened to the wedding,but it was shut. They pleaded ,''Lord ,Lord,open the door for us,but He replied,''Truly I tell you , I don't know you''.Many people want and think they are going to heaven,but if you they don't Jesus as Saviour they will not get in, it will be to late,instead of the joys of heaven,they will go to a lost eternity.

                                                        'Now is the day of salvation'

                                                               '1 Corinthians 6 v2 '

No comments: