verse of the day

Saturday 16 July 2022

Fighting. ( Hebrews 12 v 1 - 2 )

 Every though I am not that tall,when I was  young I always seemed to be getting into scraps when I was young, of course as a youngster you had to hold your own.It was part of my back ground,  part of my culture,of course the word of God tells us that violence is part of our fallen human nature ( Romans 3 v15). I still have an aggressive streak in me,I am not good at debating with the cults, I get a bit frustrated annoyed with them.I suppose I will have to leave that task for others more capable than I to deal with them. I am inclined to go over things in my mind arguing with different people,and really it so unprofitable disturbs ones peace of mind ,so just recently I have been praying against this,I need to change, need to leave everything in God's hands.Now that's my confession , what about you?,none of us are perfect,do you recognize that you need to change,and like me begin to pray for change in your life.When you asked Christ to be your Saviour, He forgave you ,and you were enabled by the power of God to break away from so much that was controlling your life,but if we are honest and we need to be honest,to ourselves and to God that there is still much that needs to change in our lives,and we need to  pray for His power to deliver us,remember,' He is able ,through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we ask or think.'( Ephesians 3 v20 )

No comments: