verse of the day

Saturday 18 January 2020

Needing to be. ( 1 John 4 v 7 - 8 )

Princess Diana  said ''the greatest disease in the world is the disease of being unloved'',multitudes of people are seeking for one thing love.Broken relationships abound in so many place,leaving multitudes feeling unloved. I am sure most of us would agree with that,most parents would say that they love their children yet they can treat them in a very unloving way,and that effects those children for the rest of their lives. I heard of a Christian girl whose married,says she does not want to have children, in case she treats her children like her father treated her, and her father was a minister. Some religious people can be very severe with their children,spare the rod and spoil the child is there motto.Of course children need discipline,but there is extreme discipline that can damage a child. Looking back I know I made many mistakes, I was far from being the perfect father,so I am speaking now from hind sight. Thankfully my children are all better fathers than I was,but here is the point I did love my children.The wonderful thing about being a Christian,we can learn from our mistakes,and by Gods grace we can become more loving,with our children,our spouses,our neighbours,with everyone,for they all need to be loved.

No comments: