verse of the day

Tuesday 21 January 2020

I will venture { Psalm 23 v 4 )

John Bunyan author of ,'Pilgrims Progress',spent many years in prison for preaching the Gospel' While in prison,fear took hold of him,''my imprisonment'' ,he thought, ''might end on the gallows''. Later on he was ashamed of being afraid,''Methought I was ashamed to die with a pale face.',so  finally he came to the conclusion as he thought of himself climbing up the ladder to the gallows. Wherefore he thought , I am for going on and venturing my eternal state with Christ whither I have comfort  here or no, if God doth not come in, I will leap of the ladder even blindfold into eternity, sink or swim, come heaven, come hell. He finished by praying,''Lord Jesus, if thou wilt catch me,do; if not, I will venture for thy name''.

No comments: