verse of the day

Monday 27 January 2020

How great is your darkness? ( John 1 v 1 - 5 )

There he was walking on the other side of the road, I have spoken to him a number of times while out walking. So I crossed over and talked to him,now I had a gospel leaflet in my pocket,so I asked him would he accept it. He started edging away from me, saying he had it in his head, and that people were his gods,so I  carried on with my walking, and as I walk along I passed a tree and there on the  ground, beside the tree was plate of food and a glass of water.I wondered what that meant,it appears to be a Hindu practise,relating to their beliefs,trees and animals can be seen as sacred.Of course humanity worships so many different things ,Our Lord Jesus said in Matthew 6 v 23,'If then the light that is in you is darkness, how great is your darkness.'People are full of all sorts of beliefs weird and strange ,that man who said he worshipped people,was saying that was his light. The person who bows before a tree, is saying that's my light, that is what I believe, Jesus declares how great is their darkness, there darkness is great.Jesus declared ,'I am the light of the world . Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the life of light'.( John 8 v  12 )

No comments: