verse of the day

Saturday 15 June 2019

When God says no. ( Romans 8 v 36 )

'I thank thee that many of my prayers have been refused,I have asked amiss and do not have,I have  prayed from lust and been rejected,I have longed for Egypt and have been given a wilderness.Go on with thy patient work,answering 'no' to my wrongful prayers, and fitting me to accept' So wrote a godly man of old,and as I look back I am glad that God said no to my prayers sometimes,oh yes He has answered my prayers with a yes many times.Let us remember prayer is not a convenient way of getting what we want,even if it appears legitimate , even it seems right in our eyes.Consider we are praying to an all wise  God,who knows the end from the beginning,and whose ways are perfect. Prayer must always have at the center of its being,an acknowledging ,that God's will be done,as our blessed Saviour, showed in His darkest hour.

No comments: