verse of the day

Sunday 23 June 2019

I cannot remember, ( Matthew 7 v 24 - 27 )

We all  look in the mirror everyday I'm sure,I know I do,but looking in the mirror does not tell the whole story,like a photo, we only see the outward person. But what about the person inside, what does that look like?,a good question,of course the outward is very important to us. Cosmetic surgery is on the increase,and the cosmetic industry is massive,I remember my mum saying as she applied her make up that she was putting on her new face.Now it the apostle James who uses as an illustration on the importance of obeying Gods word, and the folly of  just reading or listening to Gods word,and immediately they do that it is forgotten about. He says in James 1 v 23 - 24, 'Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror, and , after looking at himself,goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like'.

No comments: