verse of the day

Tuesday 4 June 2019

Godly influences ( 2 Timothy 1 v 5 )

Edgar Wallace was a prolific writer of thrillers for an earlier generation,was influenced  by the Christian living of a Methodist friend, J.B.Hellier. He said ,''I believe that much of the good which is within me came because I knew him . He is an everlasting barrier between me and atheism'.  I use to work with a dear man called Gordon,he was a simple soul,vulnerable. He told me how he was visited at one time by the JWs and it came to the place were they wanted him to be baptised into that faith,and what stopped him at that point was this,his old grandfather had held a position in the Anglican church he  attended,   and he thought that his old grandfather would not agreed with what he was being asked to do. Godly lives can have a lasting influence on those we know and come into contact with.

No comments: