verse of the day

Sunday 5 May 2019

What is important.?. ( 1 Samuel 16 v 7 )

There is an old saying,' that clothes maketh the man', but it is not true,oh there is nothing wrong with wearing nice clothes,but it does not make one a nice person.The greatest of all the prophets dressed very poorly,(  Matthew 3 v 4 ) he did not dress in Marks and Spenser's best,or wear Savile Row's. finery.No, he did not wear a shirt and tie,but he was dressed in humility,obedience,faithfulness,and so as I  have already said, he was the greatest of the prophets..More important in what we put on ,is the beauty of our character,yet our wardrobes are at bursting point. Most of us take great care how we look, I do,especially when I meet on Sunday with other believers ,now that's me that is my personal choice,but I like to think, that what is important is my Christian character, am I humble, holy, loving, Christlike?.                                                                                                                                                                                                                     A Prayer  .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Dear God, give an increasing conviction of my                                                                                        tendency to err, and of my exposure to sin.                                                                                              Help me to feel more of the purifying,softening                                                                                        influence of religion,in compassion,love, pity,                                                                                          courtesy, and employ me as thy instrument in                                                                                          blessing others. Give me to distinguish between                                                                                      the mere form of godliness and its power, between                                                                                  life and a name to live,  between guile and truth,                                                                                      between hypocrisy and a religion that will bear the                                                                                  eye. If I am not right,set me right, keep me right;                                                                                      And may I at last come to thy house in peace.                                                                                                           In Jesus name we ask this,                                                                                                                                     Amen.                                                                                                                                ( Words from , 'The valley of vision   )                                                           

No comments: