verse of the day

Thursday 23 May 2019

Home . ( John 14 v 1 ff )

I have been on many holidays,some I liked more than others,I have enjoyed my holidays in Malta,here in UK Felixstowe ,the latter has not to much traffic,so it makes it easy,to drive in.Where I live driving is challenging ,Malta has very good and cheap transport system.I have to confess no matter were I go on holiday it is always nice to come home.Of course for the Christian their earthly home is temporal, if we turn to the book of Hebrews 11 v 13 ff  we read of those of those who seen themselves as strangers and exiles on the earth.The Message goes on to say,''People who live this way make it plain that they are looking for their true home.......a heavenly country''I wonder do you ever get homesick for that heavenly home?, I do,what a glorious place it must be,I often imagine as I close my eyes in death and open them in heaven, I can hear my loving heavenly Father, saying to me,'welcome home Billy'.

No comments: