verse of the day

Saturday 20 October 2018

You have to have heart. ( Psalm 86 v 12 )

It is recorded that David Livingstone died praying on his knees , Daniel prayed three times a day on his knees , and was condemned to death because of it. I usually pray  sitting down, many years ago I always prayed on my knees,but my knees began to hurt,so I sit when I pray, there are times I still pray on my knees,but during my daily walk I pray. Prayer demands a right attitude ,of reverence,whither we kneel ,walk,or sit, it goes without saying, that for the Christian prayer is vital,we need to pray, pray , pray.Our relationship with God is vital,and prayer is a vital part of it, John Burton wrote                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    I often say my prayers,                                                                                                                               But do I ever pray?                                                                                                                                     And do the wishes of my heart,                                                                                                                 Go with the words I say?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               For words without the heart,                                                                                                                     The Lord will never hear;                                                                                                                           Nor will He to those lips attend                                                                                                                 Whose prayers are not sincere.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Lord teach me what I need                                                                                                                         And teach me how to pray;                                                                                                                         And do not let me seek Thy grace                                                                                                             Not meaning what I say.

No comments: