verse of the day

Wednesday 17 October 2018

And I prayed. ( Jude v 24 - 25 )

I was walking one morning , praying as I walked, asking God to lead me not into temptation, to deliver me from all evil,and to have clean heart,I pray this most days, it is not vain repetition, but the earnest prayer of my heart.And as I prayed, the words from 1 Peter 1 v 5 came into my mind,''Kept by the power of God'',they brought great comfort and assurance to my heart.Later I was reading C.H.Spurgeon , who was writing on repentance, here is part of what he wrote,'' True mourning for sin will make us very jealous over our tongue, lest it should say a wrong word;we shall be very watchful over our daily actions, lest in anything we offend, and each night we shall close the day with painful confessions of shortcoming, and each morning awaken with anxious prayers, that this day God  would hold us up that we may not sin against Him''.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          His love in times past,                                                                                                                                Forbids me to think                                                                                                                                    He'll leave me at last                                                                                                                                  In troubles to sink;                                                                                                                                      Each sweet Ebenezer                                                                                                                                  I have in review                                                                                                                                          Confirms His good pleasure                                                                                                                      To help me quite through.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     (John Newton )                                                                                                                             

No comments: