verse of the day

Monday 20 August 2018

A prayer. ( Psalm 23 )

Many years ago when I was at Bible college ,one of the lectures illustrated how one can pray using  scriptures, and he did this by using the Psalm 23..it really sounded lovely. I believe most of us could  do this ,if we are familiar with this Psalm. I  mention this because in one of my daily readings ,'Every day with Jesus',which I find tremendously helpful,the late Selwyn  Hughes mentions this very thing,and illustrated it by using Psalm 23 also,I hope I am not breaking copy write ,but I would like you to read it.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                A  prayer.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Father, thank You ,that You are my shepherd. Because of this I shall not want for any good thing. I am grateful, too, that You make me lie down in green pastures and lead me beside quite waters. The way  You restore my soul in times when I am assailed by troubles , and the way You guide me in paths of righteousness, showing me the difference between right and wrong,is something for which  I can never thank You enough. Death was my enemy,dear Lord, before I knew You, but now I am not afraid  of that dark shadow, for I sense Your protecting hand  over my life. I know I will die  but I know , too, that I will live again. What a comfort that is to me. How I bless You, also, for Your anointing that covers me from the crown of my head to the tip of my toe. Because You delight   in me and continually pour into my life Your endless love, my cup always runs over. You do not leave me with a half -full  experience; Your generosity causes me to overflow. Blessed it be Your name forever.   Amen.                                                                                                                                                                                               

No comments: